This six-episode podcast interview series, chaired by Dr. Fred Lublin, highlights recent advances in the treatment and management of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS), including clinical considerations amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. In this series, the expert faculty will analyze recent clinical trial data, including that presented at Joint ACTRIMS-ECTRIMS MS Virtual 2020. Advances in diagnostic tools, biomarkers and imaging in multiple sclerosis will be reviewed in a discussion-based format. The faculty will also cover novel approaches to therapeutic targets in MS along with best practices for shared decision making. Upon completion of this series, learners will be equipped with current data to provide comprehensive care for patients with multiple sclerosis.
Neurologists, primary care physicians, nurses, pharmacists, PA’s, NP’s and other healthcare providers who care for patients with multiple sclerosis
- Clinical Trial Update: Joint ACTRIMS-ECTRIMS MS Virtual 2020
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/70uYSK0lCfX086ihLpYd1d?si=fBpyuoswRvSDAdjD3BH1Yg
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/clinical-trial-update-msvirtual-2020-multiple-sclerosis/id1513831661?i=1000494661546
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy8yMDFjZDc4Yy9wb2RjYXN0L3Jzcw/episode/MDk3ZjhjMDItMzEyOC00YzE4LWE2MDgtNjgyYTNjOWU3OWI5?sa=X&ved=0CAUQkfYCahcKEwio3bakyPjsAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAQ
- Caring for the MS Patient During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2YBe9DDeqZ3DhJLbyDa75z?si=qiPAIgR1TX6OYoQ-UguOHA
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/caring-for-ms-patient-during-covid-19-pandemic-multiple/id1513831661?i=1000494661668
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy8yMDFjZDc4Yy9wb2RjYXN0L3Jzcw/episode/Y2NlMDZlYWUtYzI3Ny00ZTlhLThjODUtZWYxMTBmMTZkOGU0?sa=X&ved=0CA0QkfYCahcKEwjwjYKByfjsAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAQ
- Updates in Multiple Sclerosis Science and Accurate Diagnosis
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5SnKhZPWbJYPnMoDPb3AUV?si=G5zdc2qCTIybPCA06ucc1w
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/updates-in-multiple-sclerosis-science-accurate-diagnosis/id1513831661?i=1000494661670
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy8yMDFjZDc4Yy9wb2RjYXN0L3Jzcw/episode/ZjIwMDAzYjItMzk4Ni00OGJmLWE0MTAtYTAyNTk3YTA1MTFh?sa=X&ved=0CA0QkfYCahcKEwjwjYKByfjsAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAQ
- A New Approach to Therapeutic Targets: Innate Immunity and the CNS
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/3e1aIXnSLrXRuHEU0Liwhc?si=JEpWptIvRmmPb59TbsLUzw
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/new-approach-to-therapeutic-targets-innate-immunity/id1513831661?i=1000494661669
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy8yMDFjZDc4Yy9wb2RjYXN0L3Jzcw/episode/MDI3YWUwMmEtM2VjYS00NGY5LTgwOWQtMGQ1MGZkZjAzNWVi?sa=X&ved=0CA0QkfYCahcKEwjwjYKByfjsAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAQ
- Advances in MS Biomarkers and MRI Imaging to Monitor Disease Activity
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5GCtmW2ivjRBjQwg5QDzNX?si=PuPzWjwiS3yJ4q_nAeS2qQ
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/advances-in-ms-biomarkers-mri-imaging-to-monitor-disease/id1513831661?i=1000494661667
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy8yMDFjZDc4Yy9wb2RjYXN0L3Jzcw/episode/MTU4NDFmMzYtYzdiOS00YjExLWFmMDEtN2QwZjY0Yjc4ZjRl?sa=X&ved=0CA0QkfYCahcKEwjwjYKByfjsAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAQ
- Educating Your Patients: Approaches for Shared-Decision Making
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/4Oa8woVlMqptxkEDasK5wC?si=q_YrjglTStaagUh6y6QznQ
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/educating-your-patients-approaches-for-shared-decision/id1513831661?i=1000494661545
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy8yMDFjZDc4Yy9wb2RjYXN0L3Jzcw/episode/MGVjZjYzYjYtOWU4Ni00ZDM5LTk2M2EtMzhkZGQ5Zjc2MjE1?sa=X&ved=0CA0QkfYCahcKEwjwjYKByfjsAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAQ
- Analyze clinical trial data of current and emerging therapeutics, including data released at ECTRIMS 2020, for the management of patients with MS
- Discuss strategies for optimal multiple sclerosis patient management during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Review updates in the science and diagnosis of multiple sclerosis
- Understand the immunopathology of multiple sclerosis, including the role of innate immunity and inflammation of the central nervous system
- Discuss novel biomarkers and advances in MRI imaging to monitor disease activity
- Develop long-term, personalized multiple sclerosis management plans and approaches to improve patient education
Fred D. Lublin, MD (Course Chair)
Saunders Family Professor of Neurology Director
The Corinne Goldsmith Dickinson Center for Multiple Sclerosis
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
New York, New York
Jeffrey A. Cohen, MD
Director, Experimental Therapeutics
Mellen Center for MS Treatment and Research
Mark S. Freedman, MD
Professor of Medicine
University of Ottawa
Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Benjamin M. Greenberg, MD, MHS
Vice Chair of Translational Research
Department of Neurology and Neurotherapeutics
Director, Neuroimmunology Programs
UT Southwestern Medical Center
Children’s Medical Center
June Halper, MSN, APN-C, MSCN
Chief Executive Officer, CMSC
Executive Director, IOMSN
Executive Director, MSNICB
Hackensack, New Jersey
Aaron Miller, MD
Professor of Neurology
Corinne Goldsmith Dickinson Center for MS
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
New York, New York
Daniel S. Reich, MD, PhD
Translational Neuroradiology Section
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
Disclosures of Conflict of Interest
It is the policy of AcademicCME that all faculty, instructors, and planners disclose real or apparent conflicts of interest relating to the topics of this educational activity.
The faculty reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CNE activity:
|Faculty||Relationship Identified With:|
|Fred D. Lublin, MD (Course Chair)
|Consultant/Advisor: Acorda Therapeutics; Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Apitope; Atara Biotherapeutics; Avotres Inc.; Biogen; BrainStorm Cell Limited; Celgene Corporation; EMD Serono Inc.; Genentech USA, Inc.; GW Pharmaceuticals plc; Immunic Therapuetics; Innate Immunotherapeutics; Janssen Global Services, LLC; Jazz Pharmaceuticals; Mapi-Pharma Ltd.; MedDay Pharmaceuticals; MedImmune Pharma; Mylan; Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation; Orion Biotechnology; Polpharma; Population Council; Receptos; Roche; Sanofi Genzyme; Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.; TG Therapeutics; Viela Bio
Grant/Research Support: Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd; Biogen; BrainStorm Cell Limited; Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation; Sanofi Genzyme
Speaker’s Bureau: Sanofi Genzyme
|Jeffrey A. Cohen, MD||Consultant/Advisor: Adamas Pharmaceuticals; Atara Biotherapeutics; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; Convelo Therapeutics, Inc.; MedDay Pharmaceuticals; Multiple Sclerosis Journal: SAGE Journals; Mylan Inc.|
|Mark S. Freedman, MD||Consultant/Advisor: Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd.; Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc.; Atara Biotherapeutics; Bayer AG; Biogen; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; Celgene Corporation; Clene Nanomedicine Inc.; GRI Bio, Inc.; Magenta Therapeutics; Merck & Co., Inc.; MedDay Pharmaceuticals; Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation; Roche; Sanofi Genzyme; Teva Canada Innovation
Grant/Research Support: Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd.; Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc.; Biogen; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; Celgene Corporation; EMD Serono Inc.; Merck & Co., Inc.; Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation; Roche; Sanofi Genzyme; Teva Canada Innovation Speaker’s Bureau: EMD Serono Inc.; Sanofi Genzyme
|Benjamin M. Greenberg, MD, MHS
|Consultant/Advisor: Abcam; Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc.; Axon Advisors LLC.; EMD Serono Inc.; Greenwich Biosciences, Inc.; Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation; Roche; Viela Bio
Grant/Research Support: Clene Nanomedicine; National Multiple Sclerosis Society; SRNA
|June Halper, MSN, APN-C, MSCN||Nothing to disclose.|
|Aaron Miller, MD||Consultant/Advisor: AbbVie Inc.; Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Biogen; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; Caremark Health Services; Celgene Corporation; Corrona, LLC.; EMD Serono Inc.; Genentech USA, Inc.; Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals; Mapi-Pharma Ltd.; Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation; Roche
Grant/Research Support: Genentech USA, Inc.; Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals; MedDay Pharmaceuticals; Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation; Roche; Sanofi Genzyme
Speaker’s Bureau: Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc.; Biogen; EMD Serono Inc.; Genentech USA, Inc.
|Daniel S. Reich, MD, PhD||Nothing to disclose.|
Planners and Peer Reviewers
Timothy Hayes, MD, PhD; Kim Cheramie, MSN, RN-BC, and Nicole McMenamin hereby state that they or their spouse/life partner do not have any financial relationships to products or devices with any commercial interests related to the content of this activity of any amount during the past 12 months.
In support of improving patient care, AcademicCME is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit Designation Statement
AcademicCME designates this live material for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM.
AcademicCME designates this live material for a maximum of 3.0 CNE Contact Hours, including 3.0 Pharmacotherapeutic Contact Hours (Provider Number P0491).
This activity has been supported by independent educational grants from Biogen and Bristol-Myers Squibb Company.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. AcademicCME, Biogen and Bristol-Myers Squibb Company do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient’s conditions and possible contraindications on dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
Method of Participation
In order to claim credit, participants must complete the following:
- Read the learning objectives, accreditation information and faculty disclosures at the beginning of this activity.
- Listen to each podcast series.
- Complete the Post-Activity Test Questions and Evaluation by clicking the link below.
- Learners who complete the Post-Activity Test Questions and the Evaluation will receive appropriate credit as indicated (CME, CNE, and/or CPE credit).
- CME and CNE credit will be issued appropriate certificate of completion.
- Others may request a “certificate of participation”.
- Learners should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CE Inquiries/Special Needs
For all CME/CNE inquiries or special needs, please contact [email protected].
Please click here to download a set of resources pertaining to this activity.