This CME/CNE activity is derived from content presented at the International Society for Musculoskeletal Imaging in Rheumatology (ISEMIR) Annual Meeting in Dallas, Texas. The expert faculty, Dr. Alvin F. Wells, will review the characteristics of both psoriatic arthritis (PsA) and ankylosing spondylitis (AS) to ensure accurate detection and early diagnosis. Recent guidelines for the treatment and management of PsA and AS patients will be analyzed, along with approved and emerging therapeutic options and their clinical relevance. Dr. Wells will relay best practices for switching therapies and managing the adverse events associated with approved therapies utilizing the interprofessional team. At the conclusion of this activity, clinicians will become better acquainted with optimal treatment strategies to improve their care of psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis patients.
Rheumatologists, primary care physicians, internists, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, and other healthcare professionals involved in the management of patients with psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis
- Understand the immunopathology of PsA and AS, as well as early and accurate diagnosing, and disease monitoring
- Analyze clinical trial data of current and emerging therapeutic options for the management of PsA and AS
- Implement effective and safe treatment plans to improve outcomes in patients with PsA and AS
- Psoriatic Arthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis Update: Immunopathology, Accurate Diagnosing and Disease Monitoring
- Clinical Analysis of Current and Emerging Therapeutic Options for PsA and AS
- Implementing Safe and Effective Treatment Strategies to Improve Outcomes in Patients
Alvin F. Wells, MD, PhD
Visiting Foreign Professor, Karolinska Institute
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Duke University Medical Center
Director, Rheumatology and Immunotherapy Center
Assistant Clinical Professor, Marquette University
Disclosures of Conflict of Interest
All faculty AND staff involved in the planning, review or presentation of continuing education activities sponsored / provided by Purdue University College of Pharmacy are required to disclose to the audience any relevant commercial financial affiliations related to the content of the presentation or enduring material. Full disclosure of all commercial relationships must be made in writing to the audience prior to the activity. All additional planning committee members, reviewers, Purdue and AcademicCME staff have nothing to disclose.
|Faculty||Relationship Identified With:|
|Alvin F. Wells, MD, PhD||Consultant/Advisor: AbbVie Inc.; Amgen Inc.; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; Celgene Corporation; Crescendo Bioscience, Inc.; Forest Laboratories; Genentech; GlaxoSmithKline; Janssen Scientific Affairs LLC; Lilly USA, LLC; Pfizer Inc.; Quest Diagnostics; Regeneron; Sanofi; Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited; UCBSpeaker’s Buerau: AbbVie Inc.; Amgen Inc.; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; Celgene Corporation; Crescendo Bioscience, Inc.; Forest Laboratories; Genentech; GlaxoSmithKline; Janssen Scientific Affairs LLC; Lilly USA, LLC; Pfizer Inc.; Quest Diagnostics; Regeneron; Sanofi; Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited; UCB|
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Purdue University College of Pharmacy and AcademicCME, an equal access/equal opportunity institution, is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statements
Purdue University College of Pharmacy designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Purdue University Continuing Nursing Education is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This program has been approved for 0.75 contact hours.
This activity is supported by independent educational grants from Janssen Global Services LLC; Lilly USA; LLC and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. AcademicCME; Purdue University College of Pharmacy; Janssen Global Services LLC; Lilly USA; LLC and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient’s conditions and possible contraindications on dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
Method of Participation
1. Read the learning objectives, accreditation information and faculty disclosures at the beginning of this activity.
2. Complete the Pre-Activity Questions.
3. Read or Review the activity content.
4. Complete the Post-Activity Test Questions and Evaluation.
5. Healthcare providers who receive a grade of 70% or better on the Post-Activity Test Questions and who complete the Evaluation will receive a CME/CNE Certificate.
6. All other participants who receive a grade of 70% or better on the Post-Activity Test Questions and who complete the Evaluation will receive a Certificate of Participation.
7. Healthcare providers should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
8. 60 minutes of participation = 1 CNE contact hour
CE Inquiries/Special Needs
For all CME/CNE inquiries or special needs, please contact [email protected].