This CME activity will review recent advances in the improvement CGRP Inhibitors & Therapeutic Implementation as presented at the American Headache Society (AHS) 2019 Philadelphia, PA. The expert faculty will discuss the immunologic and pathogenic mechanisms of CGRP as well as strategies for implementation of novel CGRP inhibitors into patient-specific treatments. The faculty will also analyze safety, efficacy, and tolerability data of emerging CGRP inhibitors for the treatment of migraine. Upon completion of this activity, learners will gain insight into current treatment and management techniques, ultimately improving outcomes in patients with migraine.
Neurologists, headache specialists, primary care physicians, internists, nurse practitioners, nurses, and other healthcare providers involved in the management of patients with migraine.
- Understand the symptoms and clinical features of migraine, and discuss the immunologic and pathogenic mechanisms of CGRP.
- Analyze safety, efficacy, and tolerability data of emerging CGRP inhibitors for the treatment of migraine.
- Implement novel CGRP inhibitors into patient-specific treatment strategies to improve outcomes in patients with migraine.
Disclosures of Conflict of Interest
It is the policy of AcademicCME that all faculty, instructors, and planners disclose real or apparent conflicts of interest relating to the topics of this educational activity.
The faculty reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CE activity:
|Faculty||Relationship Identified With:|
|Teshamae Monteith, MD||Consultant/Advisor: Amgen Inc., Alder Biopharmaceuticals, electroCore Inc., Biohaven Pharmaceutical
Grant/Research Support: Eli Lilly and Company
Planners, Managers, Reviewers
Timothy Hayes, MD, PhD; Nicole Brestowski and Devon Dietzel hereby state that they or their spouse/life partner do not have any financial relationships to products or devices with any commercial interests related to the content of this activity of any amount during the past 12 months.
In support of improving patient care, AcademicCME is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit Designation Statements
AcademicCME designates this live material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM.
This activity has been supported by an independent educational grant from Alder BioPharmaceuticals.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. AcademicCME and Alder BioPharmaceuticals do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient’s conditions and possible contraindications on dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
Method of Participation
- Read the learning objectives, accreditation information and faculty disclosures at the beginning of this activity.
- Complete the Pre-Activity Questions
- Read or Review the activity content.
- Complete the Post-Activity Test Questions and Evaluation.
- Physicians who receive a grade of 70% or better on the Post-Activity Test Questions and who complete the Evaluation will receive a CME Certificate.
- All other participants who receive a grade of 70% or better on the Post-Activity Test Questions and who complete the Evaluation will receive a Certificate of Participation.
CE Inquiries/Special Needs
For all CE inquiries or special needs, please contact [email protected].