Course InformationTherapautic Area: Rheumatology
Credit(s): 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
Activity Dates: May 22, 2017 to May 21, 2018
This content was derived from a live symposium at the 2017 Congress of Clinical Rheumatology Meeting held in Destin, Florida from April 27 – April 30, 2017. The expert faculty, Dr. Alan Epstein, will review various treatment options for patients with psoriatic arthritis in a new era of rheumatology. The pathophysiology of psoriatic arthritis and efficacy and safety of currently available treatment options for this patient population will be evaluated. Strategies for implementing tailored treatment plans and utilizing a interprofessional team approach will be discussed. At the conclusion of this CME program, learners will be equipped with a better understanding of best practices for optimizing outcomes and improving quality of life for their patients with psoriatic arthritis.
Rheumatologists, immunologists, primary care physicians, internists, nurse practitioners, nurses and other healthcare providers involved in the management of patients with psoriatic arthritis
- Discuss the science, pathophysiology and therapeutic options for the management of patients with psoriatic arthritis
- Analyze the safety and efficacy of clinical trial data for current and emerging therapeutics for the management of patients with psoriatic arthritis
- Implement advanced strategies for accurate diagnosis, patient monitoring, and patient-specific treatment plans for the entire healthcare team to manage patients with psoriatic arthritis
Disclosures of Conflict of Interest
It is the policy of AcademicCME that all faculty, instructors, and planners disclose real or apparent conflicts of interest relating to the topics of this educational activity.
The faculty reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME activity:
|Faculty||Relationship Identified With:|
|Alan L. Epstein, MD||Speaker’s Bureau: AbbVie Inc.; Amgen Inc.; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; Celgene Corporation; Crescendo Bioscience, Inc.; Genentech, Inc.; Janssen Global Services, LLC; Eli Lilly and Company; Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation; Pfizer Inc.; Quest Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Sanofi; Regeneron|
Planners, Managers, Reviewers
Timothy Hayes, MD, PhD; Emma Gilmartin and Nicole Brestowski hereby state that they or their spouse/life partner do not have any financial relationships to products or devices with any commercial interests related to the content of this activity of any amount during the past 12 months.
AcademicCME is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
AcademicCME designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been supported by an independent educational grant from Celgene Corporation and Eli Lilly and Company.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. AcademicCME, Celgene Corporation and Eli Lilly and Company do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient’s conditions and possible contraindications on dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
Method of Participation
In order to claim credit, participants must complete the following:
- Read the learning objectives, accreditation information and faculty disclosures at the beginning of this activity.
- Complete the Pre-Activity Questions
- Read or Review the activity content.
- Complete the Post-Activity Test Questions and Evaluation.
- Physicians who receive a grade of 70% or better on the Post-Activity Test Questions and who complete the Evaluation will receive a CME Certificate.
- All other participants who receive a grade of 70% or better on the Post-Activity Test Questions and who complete the Evaluation will receive a Certificate of Participation.
CME Inquiries/Special Needs
For all CME inquiries or special needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This activity is expired for CE Credit
Provided by AcademicCME