Impact Patient Outcomes
AcademicCME is a healthcare solutions medical education company designed to impact practice behavior and thus patient outcomes. AcademicCME leadership draws on the more than 45 years of clinical experience of its staff physicians in clinical practice and education, which provides a unique understanding of the dynamics between physician behavior, patient care and practice based educational needs.
Implement the Latest Research into Everyday Practice
AcademicCME’s focus is relaying the latest evidence-based research from the bench to the bedside. Its unique peer-to-peer relationship with top thought leaders and leading educational institutions allows it to keep a finger on the pulse of gaps in knowledge, competence, and performance in many therapeutic areas.
Adhere to Industry Standards + Guidelines
To best identify and address gaps, we conduct thorough needs assessments, measure physician knowledge and competency through self-assessment programs, and analyze patient outcomes through performance improvement initiatives. At Academic CME, our approach to medical education is based on the most recent guidance from the ACCME and designed to address these changes in our industry. Specifically, we:
- Utilize a multi-format educational approach, as recommended by the Institute of Medicine
- Dedicated to leveraging academic leadership
- Collaborate with leading physician society organizations
- Collaborate with universities
- Identify a target audience to address interdisciplinary team practice
- Incorporate physician self-assessment to identify knowledge and competency gaps
- Employ QIE (Quality Improvement Education) initiatives that comply with requirements for maintenance of certification
- Employ performance improvement initiatives that comply with requirements for maintenance of certification
- Engage a proprietary point-of-care patient outcomes platform that gathers patient-level data
- Provide physician access to nationally-recognized mentors, and deliver personalized education to healthcare providers based on self-identified gaps in performance
To improve patient outcomes through practical, customized and comprehensive CME.
AcademicCME’s mission is to develop CME initiatives by first assessing the needs of potential physician-learners, relate those needs to optimal practice through its planners’ involvement in the quality framework of nationally-recognized specialty societies, and then tailor educational interventions to specifically address those needs in the context of the targeted learners’ scopes of practice and national competency. AcademicCME’s work is centered on the goal of improving patient outcomes.
AcademicCME is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.